I am board certified in Family Medicine and have experience in treating chronic medical illness since 2006. I am also certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine. Rather than focusing on symptoms, I implement functional medicine to deal with the root cause of your illness. I also focus on environmental and lifestyle factors that could be affecting your well-being. This personalized approach to your care enables us to identify imbalances to work on and create optimal treatment goals together. I am passionate about supporting people through the integrative medicine lens with their health complaints. Also, I have a keen interest in Ayurveda and enjoy applying that skill in supporting you as well.
Specifically, my special interests are in Women's health issues like PMS, hormonal imbalances, including Thyroid issues, and Cardio-metabolic conditions like Pre-diabetes, Diabetes, and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
I meet people where they are and bring the tools necessary to look deeper. I am committed to investigating the triggers for your health and when appropriate incorporate advanced diagnostic testing to support us by having the data to move you toward vital health. However, I recognize that the journey of healing is not limited to tests alone, but also related to mental, emotional, physical and human connectedness.
I joined DCIM because of its commitment to giving the relationship between patient and physician the highest priority, and its core belief in a collaborative effort that strives to create a space that allows you to share your concerns and goals.
I look forward to our therapeutic relationship and am honored to be part of your healing journey toward wellness!
- Stamford Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Family Practice Residency Training
- St George’s University School of Medicine: Degree in Medicine
- University of Texas at Austin: B.A. in Biochemistry, Magna Cum Laude
- Board Certified by American Board of Family Medicine
- Functional Medicine Training: Institute for Functional Medicine
- Integrative Medicine Certificates: University of Arizona, Program for Integrative MedicineBoard Certified by American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine
Nutrition and Health
Environmental Health & Medicine
- Primary and Preventive healthcare for underserved adult community: chronic disease management, applying Functional medicine and Integrative medicine approaches
- County Community Healthcare and outreach
- County Community Clinic: Women’s Healthcare, Hormonal balancing, and Fertility optimization through nutrition and lifestyle modifications
- County Community Clinic: Group patient visits for Stress Management Education and Stress Reduction Techniques
- Private Practice: Group patient visits for Diabetes Education, Care & Management, and Nutrition
- Private Practice: Primary Care and chronic disease management focus
- City of Austin Clinics, FQHC: Lead Clinic Physician
- City of Austin Clinics, FQHC: Family Medicine including Prenatal & Maternity healthcare
- Study of Ayurvedic fundamentals
- Food as Medicine with emphasis on Phytonutrient dense & antioxidant rich foods, Knowledge of Plant - based diet
- Implementing Anti-inflammatory Cooking
- Meditation, Mindfulness based stress reduction, Yoga, Laughter Yoga, and Breathwork
- Eastern Medicine Philosophies, techniques
- Movement, Flexibility, & Dance
- Travel and Family time
- Learning about world cultures